Mitcham Community House is always on the lookout for volunteers on our Management Committee and various classes and activities that require help.
The community house would not be the success it is without their help.
We involve volunteers in the following areas: Committee of Management, Social team, Childcare, Gardening, Working Bees, English as an Additional Language class.
Volunteers receive formal recognition for their contribution through certificates of achievement, celebrations, and job references.
Join the Committee
MCH is administered by an elected Committee Of Management representing our local community. The Committee provides governance and sets the strategic direction of the house.
The community house is governed by a voluntary Committee of elected community members. The Committee is responsible for strategic and financial planning, meeting financial and legal accountabilities, risk management, employment of the Manager and policy development.
We welcome new members who wish to contribute to their community. Absolutely no experience is necessary, but if you have a background in finance, facilities, committees, or event organisation your application will be received with much gratitude.
Our Social Team is always looking for new members.
Please support us during our Annual Fundraising Activities:
- Whitehorse Community Chest
- Entertainment Books
- Knitted Woollies
- Market Day
- People’s Choice Lottery
- Wine Fundraiser
Mitcham Community House welcomes donations of:
- craft materials and toys suitable for children under 3 for our childcare service.
- Tea bags and coffee to continue our free tea and coffee service
- Stamps to help reduce our postage costs
- Wool for our Knitting for Charity group
- Raffle prizes to help with our fundraising
- A bequest that leaves a lasting contribution to assist in the work of the community house.